This is going to be short and choppy because I have class in 15 minutes.
BUT! I'm surfing around and theres all this fabulous music news and I have to give my two cents! Grammy nominations were just released and guess who's leading the pack??? My baby daddy WAYNE with 8. Siiiick. He totoally deserves it. Tha Carter III is epic. Neyo, Jay Z and Kanye also got their recognition. I got my news off of PerezHilton.com and he's all up in arms that Katy Perry only got one nom. who cares? She didnt do anything that great. No grammy for you katy perry! And it's hard for me to saythis for sure, cuz the list on all the official nominations is like 4 pages long...but I'm pretty sure I noticed a name missing.......why none other than that prom-loving poodle Taylor Swift! buahahahahhaha.
Next order of business. Blender magazine is the shit. have you ever actually read it? it's AWESOME. its fullof satire, pop culture, all kinds of crazy music info, sex..its really well done and its definitely a different style from other music mags, like rolling stone. I think its way better. Anyway, they came out with their top 33 (?) albums of 2008. I found the list and it would been much better if they started with 33 and counted down to one but off of perezhilton it starts at #1. A little anti climactic. but im not going to sit here and type it all out backwards just for the sake of a little suspense. guess who's #1....
1. Lil' Wayne, Tha Carter III
2. Girl Talk, Feed The Animals
3. TV On The Radio, Dear Science
4. Metallica, Death Magnetic
5. Hot Chip, Made In The Dark
6. Robyn, Robyn
7. Of Montreal, Skeletal Lamping
8. Randy Newman, Harps & Angels
9. Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend
10. Fall Out Boy, Folie A Deux
11. Death Cab For Cutie, Narrow Stairs
12. My Morning Jacket, Evil Urges
13. Al Green, Lay It Down
14. Jenny Lewis, Acid Tongue
15. Bon Iver, For Emma, Forever Ago
16. Be Your Own Pet, Get Awkward
17. Conor Oberst, Conor Oberst
18. Ponytail, Ice Cream Spiritual
19. Katy Perry, One Of The Boys
20. Wale, Mixtape About Nothing
21. Erykah Badu, New Amerykah Part I: Fourth World War
22. Coldplay, Viva La Vida
23. The Cool Kids, Bake Sale
24. The Roots, Rising Down
25. Santogold, Santogold
26. Usher, Here I Stand
27. Mariah Carey, E=MC2
28. Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, Real Emotional Trash
29. Raphael Saadiq, The Way I See It
30. Young Jeezy, The Recession
31. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
32. Taylor Swift, Fearless
33. Hayes Carll, Trouble In Mind
and as you can see, there quite a bit of obscure music thats not super mainstream..just pointing that out that they're looking at everything. and they're not just top 40 oriented. so...yeah.
last note, i know im super behind on this but i just saw the Mrs Officer video last night for the first time and wayne is freaking sexy as hell. So hot.