Saturday, March 19, 2011

Black Eyed Peas mellow out

Just watched the new Black Eyed Peas video and it was certainly a surprise. It's called "Just Can't Get Enough" and I definitely expected it to be a pump-it-up, heavy base dance song. .. That's pretty much all the BEP do. So I watched the video and it was starting kind of slow and mellow so I kept fast forwarding it bit by bit to get to the part when the beat drops and it reveals itself as a party jam. But it never happened.

At first I was confused, but then I watched them perform the same song on American Idol and Will.i.Douche intro'd it as a song about love and strength. And I know we're not used to listening to the words of a BEP song because it's just a bunch of garbled nonesense were just supposed to dance to.. but this is different. If you listen to the words its like that new consuming, confusing feeling of love, and the vulnerability that sometimes comes with it. I think it's definitely the most pleasant Fergie has ever sounded on a track, her voice is really soft for a change. And it's definitely the best I've seen her look.

I am so impressed by this song and video. Even their American Idol performance of it was good. Check out the music video. It might take a couple times to grow on you.. but the more I'm watching it the more I love it. Definitely one of the best videos released so far this year, in my opinion.


No comments: